Extra Credits: Excellent library of videos on varying game design topics.
- Beginners guide to making your first game: some sound advice.
- Indie Game Do’s and Don’ts: “Indie Game Design Do-s and Don’t-s: A Manifesto,” by Edmund McMillen
- Game Programming Patterns: An online book about various strategies for game development. A must read for any coder, and recommended for anyone else.
- Indie Gamedev FAQs
- 2D Platforming implementation guide
- Gravity in Games: An interesting read about implementation of gravity.
- 3D Procedural Dungeon Generation: The guide is for Unity, but the ideas are applicable to other frameworks.
- Game Networking Articles
- Storytelling Tips from Pixar
- Chaotic Shiny: Lots of online generators for games.
- Seventh Sanctum: More online generators.
- Three Hundred Mechanics: A list of three hundred different game mechanics someone thought up. Fun to read through.
- KelgarDev: Lists of content generators!
- Pixel Prospector resource list: A giant resource list for indie dev.
- Stanford Game Design Resources